The winning artist(s) will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Artistic accomplishment as demonstrated by images of previously completed artwork and references.
• Technical competence and comparable scale of past works.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with community stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and within budget.
The following application materials are required (combine into single PDF document):
- Statement of Interest: Explain why you (or your team) are interested in this project. Explain why you would be a good candidate and how your experience will inform how you respond to the themes and goals of the project.
- Artist Resume(s): Resumes should reflect artistic experience. Teams must include resumes for all artists. No more than one (1) page per team member resume.
- Previous Work: Submit up to ten (10) jpeg images of existing comparable artwork that demonstrates an ability to complete a project of this style and scope. Applicants may provide more than one photo of an individual artwork (showing different angles or details). If applying as an artist team, identify all artists of the work. These images should include the location, year completed, and a brief project description.
- Team Responsibilities: Clearly identify the responsibilities of each team member. Only applicable to artist team submissions and not individual artist submissions.
- Concept Design: Submit up to 10 digital images of the artist’s renderings. Images should be submitted in JPEG format with high (300 dpi) resolutions. This initial concept design should reflect the overall theme in the design aesthetic the artist or artist team would like to submit.
- Conceptual Statement: Each Concept Design should be accompanied by a brief description detailing how the artist or artist team will be incorporating the theme and how the artist or artist team would like the public to interpret the design.
- References: Up to three (3) references from previous projects with current contact information and relationship to the artist noted.
- Insurance: Artist must be able to provide proof of insurance prior to beginning work. Please indicate plans to provide.
The preceding application package, and all attachments, should be submitted by email to
using the subject line
BIJOU Artist’s Last Name
January 1, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.