Artist Support Grants Available
Deadline: September 15, 2023
Register for Artist Project Grant Zoom webinars:
August 10, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.
August 22, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
Download the Application Package
What are Artist Support Grants?
The N.C. Arts Council created the program to provide funding to regional consortia of local arts councils to award project grants to exceptional artists in our region. The grants support professional artists in any discipline and at any stage in their careers to pursue projects that further their artistic and professional development.
Who May Apply?
Artists in New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Columbus, and Bladen counties are encouraged to apply for up to $1000 for projects which will occur October 1, 2023 – December 2024.
Scope and Allowable Expenses
Types of fundable projects include:
- Creation of new work
- Purchase of equipment and materials
- Professional development workshops
- Travel support for expenses associated with a professional opportunity such as participating in an exhibition or conference,
- Development or upgrading of promotional materials such as brochures, websites,
- 50% artist fees are allowable expenses
- Individuals and Artist Collectives — Both individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to
- Residency — Artists should have lived continuously in the region for at least one year before the application deadline. An applicant must be at least 18 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Multiple Awards — Artists who have received funding in or since FY2021–2022 are ineligible to
- Student Status — The Artist Support Grant is intended for adult, nonstudent artists. Artists enrolled full-time in undergraduate or associate degree-granting programs may not apply for the grant.
How to Submit Your Application
A digital copy of the application and all attachments must be emailed to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on September 15, 2023 using the subject line ASG 2023-2024. Applications submitted to any other email address will not be considered.
Mailed or hand-delivered applications must also be received by the Arts Council of Wilmington by 5:00 p.m. on September 15, 2023.
Questions and Assistance
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Rhonda Bellamy at 910-343-0998 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Arts Council Contact Information
The Arts Council of Wilmington & NHC
c/o Rhonda Bellamy, Grant Administrator
Brunswick County Arts Council
c/o Mary Beth Livers, Executive Director
Columbus County Arts Council
c/o Sally Mann, Executive Director